In Your Corner Radio – Sunday, February 3rd 2019
Discover your rights and the TRUTH about long term disability and personal injury on In Your Corner. Sivan Tumarkin and James K. Fireman, Disability Lawyers and Partners at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP, joins co-host John Scholes as they guide you through the proper steps to take when your insurance provider cuts off your long-term disability or denies your insurance claim.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- 0:26 Sivan discussed an interesting experience when questioning an insurance adjuster under oath about the decision to cut off a client’s long term disability policy.
- 5:07 Sivan discussed an interesting experience when questioning an insurance adjuster under oath about the decision to cut off a client’s long term disability policy.
- 7:20 I worked for a company for 20 years. 2 years ago, I had a back problem that kept me off work until recently. I received long-term disability until I was told I wasn’t “totally disabled” anymore. My employer won’t be offering severance pay.
- 10:51 Why you shouldn’t appeal a long term disability claim denial
- 13:24 What to do when your disability lawyer suggests that you appeal your long term disability denial through the insurance company’s internal process
- 16:35 In some cases a disabled person is unable to contact you to fight a long term disability claim. Can their family members call or email you? Are you allowed to speak with them about the person’s claim? What about friends of people who’ve been denied LTD?
- 19:17 My sister was sexually assaulted, and now struggles with depression and anxiety, and tried to commit suicide. She was denied long term disability. Her psychiatrist said she can’t work. What should she do?
- 22:07 What happens if you resign from work and then you try to apply for long term disability?
- 24:05 My girlfriend’s brother was in an accident, and is still in hospital. Other driver was charged by police. The doctors don’t know if he’ll walk again. Should we hire a lawyer right now?
- 27:51 My father was refused long term disability because he applied 3 day late. Insurance company won’t budge. We appealed twice. Is there anything that can be done? He is 56, and has cancer and is doing chemo and radiation now.
- 31:45 If a person is denied long term disability, can the insurance company force them to go to one of their doctors for an assessment before you start a legal claim against the insurer?
- 33:38 I was denied long term disability because I don’t have enough medical support, says my insurance company. I’m 56 and I’m thinking of retiring so I can access pension. Will that impact my LTD if we appeal or fight the insurance company?
- 35:40 Can a paralegal help you if you’ve been denied long term disability?
- 36:40 I get a LOT of anxiety when I talk to my case adjuster at my LTD insurance company. She makes me feel uncomfortable, and threatens to cut me off every time I ask her a question. Should my psychologist speak with her on my behalf?
Cut Off or Denied Long-term Disability? We Can Help
Are you experiencing an Employment issue? Contact an Employment Lawyer at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP today.
Watch: Employment Hour in 30