By: Samfiru Tumarkin
Share This Post
In Your Corner Radio – Sunday, January 6th 2019
Discover your rights and the TRUTH about long term disability and personal injury. Sivan Tumarkin, Disability Lawyer and Partner at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP, joins co-host John Scholes as they guide you through the proper steps to take when your insurance provider cuts off your long-term disability or denies your insurance claim.
ON THIS EPISODE:
- I’m on long-term disability benefits. If the company terminates my employment, what happens to my LTD benefits?
- My husband is a recovering alcohol. He was sober for three years, but started drinking again due to stress. His insurance company won’t put him on long-term disability unless he joins an inpatient program. Is that fair?
- EMAIL: I’ve been on long-term disability for almost 2 years and have a good relationship with my adjuster. However, she just told me she’ll be cutting me off because I don’t meet the new definition for total disability.
- Do I have to see a doctor referred by the insurance company? What if their doctor disagrees with my doctor’s decision?
- EMAIL: My husband is 52 and used to work as a mechanic until 2 and a half years ago when his knees gave out. He is on long term disability, and can hardly walk, but the insurance company says he should be able to work, and should see their doctor. What should he do?
- When a long term disability claim dispute is resolved, does the client get a cheque for a lump sum payment or monthly payments? Is the amount taxable?
- How quickly should you take action when a long term disability claim is denied?
- EMAIL: I’ve been on long term disability for just over a year. My doctor has told my insurance company that I am disabled from working. My insurer disagrees with doctor’s assessment, and told me to return to work.
- EMAIL: My 66-year-old mother tripped on hangers and fell at a large department store and broke her hip. Can she make a claim for her personal injury?
Cut Off or Denied Long-term Disability? We Can Help
Are you experiencing an Employment issue? Contact an Employment Lawyer at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP today.
Watch: Employment Hour in 30
Listen: Employment Hour